Deadline for submissions is Monday, January 13, 2020 (Week 2 Winter)
Show us your creative mind and help design the new Biology Department t-shirt. Just a few simple rules:
Contest and Design Rules
- The contest is open to all members of the Kalamazoo College community. There is no limit to the number of entries per person during the entry period.
- Your design can be hand-drawn but must be submitted as a scanned document, uploaded in one of the following formats: PSD (Photoshop), AI (Adobe Illustrator), PPTX (PowerPoint), jpeg or eps.
- The design will be printed on the front of the t-shirt. Designs should be no larger than 13 inches high by 11 inches wide. The design can incorporate up to 2 colors (excluding the t-shirt color). The words “Biology” and “K” or “Kalamazoo College” must be incorporated into the design; do not include a year on the design. Any Kalamazoo College lettering or icons must comply with the BrandK guidelines produced by the Office of College Marketing and Communication (CMAC). The BrandK Manual can be found at kzoo.edu/brandk. Official logos/identifiers can be downloaded here
- Your submission must be original artwork. No reproduced or copyright images will be accepted except for official Kalamazoo College banners or icons.
- You can recommend a shirt color with your design, although the final decision will rest with the Biology Department and the Office of College Marketing and Communication (CMAC).
Complete the online application form and upload your design by the submission deadline by midnight January 13, 2020 (Monday, Week 2).
The winning design will be selected based on the creativity of the design and how well it captures some aspect of biology at K. On the entry page, please include a brief description of what your design represents. The winning design will be selected by the biology department faculty and the biology DSA, with input from a popular vote.
The winner will be announced by mid-January and notified by email. The selected entry will be sent to the CMAC office for BrandK compliance and final approval. If the winning submission needs to be modified, we will do our best to retain the most accurate depiction of your original work. The biology department retains the right to use the design on t-shirts and other merchandise. T-shirts will be issued to newly declared majors; additional shirts will be available for purchase by others at cost value.
The person submitting the winning entry will receive a $50 gift certificate to the campus bookstore.